Sunday, September 7, 2008

KIMCHI I LIKE


My favorite food is Kim-chi. I think it is the most favorite food for Korean. Although it is not the most favorite food for someone, kimchi is always included in Korean table. Not only is it eaten as kimchi, it can be cook to other kind of dishes such as a pancake, soup, roast…etc. Many kind of food could be made.
When I eat kimchi, it reminds me of food my mother made. Because I am an international student, I miss my parents like other international student’s feeling.
But, in my case, the kimchi I could buy in America is a little different from real Korea kimchi. For example, it’s not spicy. Real Korean kimchi is spicier. It is one of kimchi’s characters. I cannot exactly explain what is different, but it is true. The spicier kimchi is, the more it stimulates my appetite. Beside, red pepper that is an ingredient of kimchi is good for health.
If you want to make it, you would have three steps.
First, Asia cabbage has to be preserve with salt. And then, you have to make spicy dressing. Finally, you have to mix all of them.
Sounds easy, right? But the problem is it is really hard to make good dressing and need too much time. After making, it even needs to be ripened by passing time. So, nowadays, many people don’t make it and buy it from company that major in kimchi.
If you want to try it, you can buy it in INTERNATIONAL GROCERY and WAL-MART. Though it is a little different form original, you could know what kimchi is. Even, some American like it. You should give it a shot. You will like it

1 comment:

Anna said...

It's funny that you talked about Kim-chi...I really don't like it. I used to work in a building as an R.A. and one of my residents kept ordering Kimchi all the way from Korea. By the time that it got to the United States it was leaking some of the sauce and it smelt horrible. I know the first time I ate Kimchi I thought it was ok, but now whenever I smell Kimchi may stomach hurts because I remember that horrible smell...it's going to take me a while to get over that experience.